Friday, June 6, 2008

Tales of a cutie pie...

Must get down these two cute Baze stories before I forget them.

One happened a week or so ago. The hubby and Baze were watching "the Upside Down show" (its a fairly cute Australian kids show with two guys that are actually quite funny and do mostly a bunch of pretending..) In this episode one guy gets his hair cut and comes out of the barbers and says..."Oh no...I forgot my sticker" So the other one says, "Here, have mine." He then proceeds to take a pretend sticker off his shirt and places it on the first guy shirt making a *scht* noise for emphasis. Then the one who gave his "sticker" away then says..."Now I don't have a sticker!" So the other guy goes "Oh, here!" And making the scht noise pretends to give the"sticker" back again. As you can probably guess this little game goes on for like twenty rounds. And apparently in the time they watched Baze picked up this little routine and started playing it with dad. So at dinner that night Baze says "NaStikoo....scht". I don't get it at all and do my normal "Oh really! How interesting!" and then daddy informs me of their new game. I watch agape for like five minutes!! It is just so amazing and adorable to see him pick up on "situations" like this and then recreate them....and so entertaining to watch him pretend so effectively.

The second one happened today. We were at the Y (aren't we always) in the changing room changing for swim class. The door to the room has a button lock - you know the kind where you shut the door then press the button on the handle and it locks the door. Baze was ready to go and playing with the door handle. And I was still paranoidly getting my suit on (he has previously opened a public bathroom stall door on me mid pee....so a little paranoia is fair in this situation). Then all of a sudden he presses the lock button and says "dng dough". I'm all like "Hey Don't open the door...mommy doesn't have a shirt on!!" And he does it again...presses the button and says "dng dough-g" ...with some sort of intonation....and I realize...he's pretending the button lock is the door bell...Ding Dong!! Once again, desperately cute this one.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey, That made my day. i actually started crying at my desk thinking about the cuteness and how big he is getting. I love those memmories. Thanks,I love you honey.

DK said...

Wow. That's some good pretending there for someone who isn't even two!

Makes me ache a little. Ohh, I miss you guys!! Smooch him for me, okay??